THIS PROJECT IS NOW BEING HANDLED BY
Refugees are entitled to mainstream welfare benefits once ‘Leave to Remain’ is granted. The majority are very keen to become independent and come off benefits as soon as possible. Despite this, a variety of barriers limit them.
This includes language barriers, de-skilling as a result of years in the asylum process and a lack of specialist advice and support services which could enable them to prepare for employment.
We offer advice and support regarding:
- Information and advice about benefits
- Assessing eligibility for accessing benefits
- Assistance to apply for benefits e.g. Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Child Benefits, Working Tax Credits, Disability Living Allowance and Housing Benefit
- Applying for Crisis Loans
- Transition into work
- Benefits problems and appeals
- Debt problems