What is the Legal Project?
We are registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice and representation. Our OISC registration number is F201700083. OISC regulates immigration advisers, ensuring they are fit and competent and act in the best interest of their clients.
We have several OISC caseworkers at Levels 1 – 3.
Our project aims to do work that is not covered by legal aid for asylum seekers, refugees and failed asylum seekers.
We charge for some of our services.
What is our criteria?
We accept referrals from clients who have are either asylum seekers, refugees or failed asylum seekers.
What work do we do?
- Travel documents
- Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)/ settlement applications for refugees who have completed 5 years in the UK (legal aid is also available for this)
- British citizenship applications
- Assisted Voluntary Return (AVR)
- Refugee family reunion
What work don’t we do?
- Initial asylum claims (we can refer these clients to a legal aid solicitor)
- EEA (European) applications (no legal aid)
- Applications for entry clearance/ leave to remain for post-flight spouses (no legal aid)
- Clients on a post-flight spouse/partner visa and have experienced domestic violence (Legal aid available)
How to get advice
- In order to get an appointment with the Legal Project you need to be referred from NNRF’s General Advice team. General Advice is open for registration from 8.30am Monday to Thursday and advisors start seeing clients at 9.30 am. You usually need to get to the Forum by 9 am to ensure you see someone that day.