“To improve the lives of refugees, asylum seekers in Nottingham”
NNRF and our thirteen partner organisations have received a pot of funding funding to deliver activities and services that will help people from refugee and asylum seeker communities to get the right support & advice, provide appropriate skills and confidence building activities, and enable them to become active citizens.
We also support the development of strong and vibrant community groups and organisations so that they are more able to represent and provide appropriate activities for their members. So if you are starting up a small grass roots project in the city which will benefit asylum seekers and/or refugees we may be able to help you with some funding. Please contact Debbie Royle Partnership Development Coordinator on 0750 8322278 or email Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org to talk more about this.
Our partner organisations are:
- *NNRF – funding and advice / volunteer programme / ESOL
- Begin – ESOL classes
- *Belong – Employment & advice mainly African communities
- *African Institute of Social Development – health awareness
- Mojatu – awareness raising through the publication of a magazine and other publicity online and off
- Host – Hosting projects; people willing to welcome asylum seekers and refugees into their homes short term
- Emmanuel House – temporary housing for homeless people in church halls etc
- *Women’s Cultural Exchange – Sewing classes, ESOL, trips, catering classes, lobbying etc
- *Council Volunteer Service – supporting small community groups in voluntary situations
- Cameroon Support Group – Small community group supporting people from Cameroon
- *Rainbow Project – advice and guidance
- *Arimathea Trust – housing in Nottingham and Notts