Communications Officer, Money Sorted in D2N2
Salary: £22,000 p.a. pro rata
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Term: June 2019
Closing date: Midday, Monday 7th May 2018
This post provides an opportunity to inform and educate partners and others about the situation of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK, through in-person visits, workshops, the production of digital and print media and press releases. The Refugee Forum is working with St Ann’s Advice Group and a range of partners on a ‘Money Sorted in D2N2 project.’ It aims to provide support to people who are financially excluded, in order to improve their financial management skills, thereby addressing a contributory factor to social exclusion and poverty. This project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund. This post is solely employed on this project.
Duties will include:
- Visits to partner organisations in the consortium to raise the profile of the needs of asylum seekers and refugees, particularly around employment and financial inclusion;
- Produce materials for workshops and discussion panels for same;
- Organise and deliver a timetable of workshops and events;
- Recruit, organise and a support a panel of speakers
- Maintain and update the project pages on the NNRF website, Facebook page, twitter and other social media, ensuring all content is up to date, accurate and relevant;
- Production of print media
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within communications and marketing (E)
- Strong experience of social media management (E)
- Experience of public speaking (E)
- Experience of managing volunteers (E)
- Experience of working within a refugee context (D)
Application pack is available on the vacancy section of our website: www.nottsrefugeeforum.org.uk. Applications must include a sample of your recent work.
Please return the completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the vacancy can also be sent to this email account or call on 0115 960 1230 to speak to the Operations Manager.
Interviews: Tuesday 22nd May 2018