Nottingham & Nottinghamshire Refugee Forum (NNRF) is an independent voluntary organisation and registered charity set up in 2000 to work with and for refugees and asylum seekers in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire offering practical advice, information, support and friendship and also campaigning on issues affecting them.
Asylum seekers and refugees are at the heart of what we do and volunteer in all aspects of Forum life. There is an advisory board made up of service users which feeds into the wider board. Many of our board members have been with the organisation since its inception, and come from varied backgrounds, bringing a wealth of experience to the position.
To support Asylum Seekers and Refugees in Nottingham & Nottinghamshire to gain fair and just outcomes, rebuild their lives and integrate into society.
A society where Asylum Seekers and Refugees are welcomed, receive just and compassionate treatment and support in rebuilding their lives.
We seek to achieve this by:
- Providing a welcoming community centre.
- Offering specialised advice & support services.
- Providing programmes to develop confidence, skills and knowledge.
- Campaigning for a just and generous response to Refugees and Asylum Seekers from government and the host community.
- Advocating on behalf of individual Asylum Seekers and Refugees in cases of injustice and hardship.